Vintage 1960's Food Styling Book - Festive Food Decoration For All Occasions by Sheila Ostrander
There's a wealth of bright ideas for garnishing and serving foods...Sheila Ostrander
The long months of winter are on their way. If you live in a cold climate this might mean that you'll have some ansty little ones at home when cabin fever strikes due to inclement weather or school holidays or snow days. But the dulldroms don't have to mean a boring day at home when a magical book like this awaits.
In her creative and clever book, Festive Food Decoration, bestselling-author Sheila Ostrander teaches readers how to have fun with food. In her world, eggs turn into boats, potatoes become long-legged dogs, and an apple turns into Santa Claus. With over 150 pages of suggestions and directions, you can turn the contents of your fridge and pantry into an imaginary world where food comes to life in fun and unique ways. Sheila geared this book towards kids with the idea that the info provided would be fun for party decorations, group activities and party favors, but really its fun any age. Whimsical in content, it provides a great way to explore your creative side, help you get out of a slump and look at the world around us in a whole new way.
- Originally published in 1965, this is the 1969 edition
- Contains over 150 pages of easy food creations involving, fruit, vegetables, bread, cheese, eggs, candy, pasta, beans, etc.
- Illustrated throughout with whimsical black and white drawings
- Contains a detailed index that begins with Aardvark and ends with Zombie (just to give you an idea of what you are working with here!)
- There is a special section full of children's storybook party ideas like how to make Cinderella's coach out of a pumpkin and fruit.
- Contains original dust jacket
In great vintage condition. The glue from the spine has leaked out in a couple pages near the center of the book (please see photo) and there is some slight foxing on the top edge (please see photo) but other than that all pages are very clean, the spine is tight and all pages are intact.
Measures 5.5" inches (width)x 8.25" inches (length) x .5" inches (depth)
In addition to being a fun family activity on a snowy day, this book is also a fun photo/display project for anyone looking to add a little creativity to their food presentation.